The first quarterly Eloqua update for the new decade is launching at the end of February. ID BBN had “a chat” with Eloqua to go through the changes.
– Hello Eloqua! And Happy Roaring 20’s or are you going to party like it’s 1999?
– Excuse me…?
– Never mind. What’s new for the new decade? Any mind-blowing new features, visions or improvements?
– Yes ID BBN. We have been working hard to bring you enhanced user experience, so you will be able to leverage the full potential of marketing automation to optimize your marketing automation processes.
– Off course you have. Ok. Let’s hear them.
– We have created an account-centric view of marketing metrics. The new dashboard organises marketing metrics by account, and you can also access account data from Insight. There are also visual improvements to the dashboards.
– Sounds awesome.
– Also, Insight reporting tool will no longer require Flash to work.
– Well, that's a relief! What about Internet Explorer? Will it also be supported…wow, Eloqua. I didn’t know you were able to laugh.
– That was the first time. Felt strange…but good.
– That was scary, man. Please don't do that again.
– Then don’t make me laugh with silly questions. Ok. Integrations. There will be new integrations to DataFox business data provider, improvements to Facebook Lead Ads app and Infinity Action Center feeder. Also, Oracle Sales Cloud and Salesforce integrations are further improved. Creating/updating users in Eloqua from Salesforce now uses Salesforce Username instead of the earlier used CRM Username field in mapping. Existing imports configured with CRM Username will continue to work, however, they should be updated to use the new field.
– Good to know. Anything on the day-to-day user level?
– Well yes. You can now download Responsive Email HTML for external editors and general HTML coding.
– Nice. So, we can easily pull HTML of a single module for Dynamic Module use?
– Correct. And as we have talked earlier, you are no longer able to create or copy new forms using the classic Design Editor. You can still edit pre-existing forms created in the classic Design Editor. Please use the new responsive form Design Editor to create new forms.
– Understood! Anything else?
– By popular demand the “Recently Accessed By Me" and "Recently Modified" options have been restored in the Emails, Landing Pages and Forms areas…
HEY! NO HUGGING…NO…NO TOUCHING…BOUNDARIES!!!
– Sorry, Eloqua. I'm just…so…happy about this.
– I despise physical contact. Keyboard and mouse only.
– Sorry. Don’t know why you had to remove those features in the first place…
– We just wanted to bring you enhanced user experience, so you will be able to leverage the full potential of….
– Anything else?
– Just the developer improvements. But I’m sure the developers are able to find the info on their own. The updates are rolling on Friday, February 14th for Pods 1, 2 and 7….
– That’s Valentine’s Day! C’mon. Gimme a hug…
– Stop it. Not funny. Rest of the Pods will roll week later on Friday 21st.
– Thanks, Eloqua. Keep on Truckin’!
– Excuse me? I don’t have a truck. I am a software platform…
You can access the full feature list and introduction video at Topliners.